For the last several years, the Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) was organizing several library related programmes like, National and State level Seminars, Training programmes, Workshops, National Book Festivals, Competitions etc. in the main campus of KAU at Thrissur.
This year, it is decided to organize a National Seminar on Technology Management in Libraries during August 29-30, 2014 for Qualified Library Professionals/ Library Education Teachers in the College of Horticulture, KAU Main Campus, Vellanikkara, Thrissur. The Academic Library Association (ALA) and Kerala Library Association (KLA) will collaborate to organize the seminar.
Papers are invited on the following broad topics/themes of the seminar:
1. Library Management in the context of Modern Technologies
2. Personnel Management; Change Management
3. Hardware and Software Management; Library Automation Softwares
4. Open Source Software for Libraries; Power Management
5. Library Networking & Resource Sharing; Network Security and Data Security
6. Library Consortia; Use of Social Networking Sites in Libraries
7. Application of Web/Library 2.0, Web 3.0; Library Portals/Websites
8. Digitization and Preservation of Knowledge Resources
9. Development and Management of Digital Libraries and Institutional Repositories
10. Information Literacy, Library Education, User Orientation
11. Re-engineering Library and Information Systems
12. Re-structuring LIS Education in the context of modern technologies
13. Other topics related to effective Library & Information Science
14. Innovative Management Practices, Management of IPR
15. Information Marketing, Public Relations in Libraries
Registration: Registration to the Seminar is free. Expenses towards travel and accommodation should be borne by the participants.
Accommodation: Will be arranged in KAU or outside on payment basis
Submission of Papers: Original and unpublished papers on the conference themes are invited for presentation at the conference. Papers will be accepted only after strict peer review by the editorial committee.
Author Guidelines: Full paper in word file with an abstract not exceeding 200 words and 3-5 keywords should be submitted as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com
Submission of Abstracts : 20th July 2014
Intimation of Acceptance : 25th July 2014
Submission of Full Paper : 10th August 2014
Last date of Registration : 20th August 2014
Seminar Dates : 29-30 August 2014 (Friday & Saturday)
For Further details contact:-
- Dr. A.T. Francis, Head, Library & Organizing Secretary; Phone(o): 0487-2438311-15; (m) 9496839409; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smt. V.S. Swapna, Library, College of Horticulture; Phone(o): 0487-2438513; (m) 9446434149; e-mail: email@example.com
- Websites:- www.kau.edu; www.kauhort.in; http://www.keralalibraryassociation.org