Kerala Library Association Centre for Professional Development (KLA-CPD) is organizing a Workshop on Managing Literature for Scholarly Writing.
About the workshop
This workshop will empower the researcher to systemically identify, capture, organize, and use the scholarly literature. The researchers also will be able to learn how to manage the numerous PDF files they already have in a proper way and how to add notes and annotations to them. Further it will also provide insights about how to use its bibliographical information to generate the references / citations and to insert them in MSWord / Open Office during the paper / theses writing process in the required citation style.
– Installation and customization of reference software Zotero.
– Capturing and organizing references/citations and full text.
– Managing literature including notes and annotations
– Referencing / citation – styles
– Integration with Word Processor for citing and generating bibliography
– Data backup and restore
The resource persons include academicians and eminent information professionals who have made a mark in the field of information search and handling reference management softwares.
Who should attend?
Research scholars of all disciplines, students pursuing MPhil / post Master’s programmes, Professionals working in Academic Libraries, R & D Libraries, Academicians of all disciplines, ICT Professionals in Academic and R&D Institutions.
Date and Venue
The workshop would be conducted at the KLA – Centre for Professional Development, No. 36, II Floor, Kairalie Plaza Annexe, Karamana, Thiruvananthapuram. The date and time is 13 July 2014 from 09.00am to 12.30pm. & 1.30 pm to 5.00pm. (Two batches). Intake is 10 participants in each batch.
Registration fee is Rs. 250/- per participant. This entitles the participant for the workshop kit [including software CD-ROM], and refreshments.
How to apply?
Candidates interested to participate should apply online. Click here to apply now.
Demand draft for Rs. 250/- drawn in favour of Kerala Library Association payable at Thiruvananthapuram should be sent to the address: V. Sriram, (Treasurer, KLA, DBRA-80, Cliff House Road, Kowdiar P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695003 so as to reach us on or before 5 July 2014.
The registration fee can also be paid by cash to
- Dr A. Gopikuttan, President, KLA & Associate Professor, Dept. of Library & Information Science, University of Kerala at the Kerala University Library, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram. (Mob: 09446428163)
- Dr P. K. Suresh Kumar, Asistant Librarian, Kerala University Library, University Library, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram. (Mob:09495718460)
Registration is confirmed only after the receipt of the prescribed fee. All communications will be by email only.