Jointly organised by KLA Ernakulam Region and School of Library and Information Science, Rajagiri College
Date: 7 & 8, March 2013 (Thursday – Friday)
Venue: Rajagiri College School of Social Sciences, Kalamassery, Kochi -683104
Koha was created in 1999 by Katipo Communications for the Horowhenua Library Trust in New Zealand, and the first installation went live in January 2000. Koha is one of the most versatile, free and open source library automation software package (ILS). The constant development and updating of Koha is sponsored and carried out by various libraries, volunteers, software professionals and support companies across the world.
Koha is a web-based ILS, with a SQL database (MySql preferred) backend with cataloguing data stored in MARC and accessible via Z39.50. The user interface is very configurable and adaptable and has been translated into many languages.
Koha has got most of the features that is expected in an ideal ILS, including:
- A Full fledged Acquisitions system
- Circulation and borrower management System
- Serials control system
- An effective Cataloguing system
- A lot of institutional libraries and public libraries in Kerala have already implemented Koha ILS in their libraries.The entire library system of the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) comprising its University Library and the Department Libraries have migrated to the Koha platform and are carrying out their day- to-day library management operations very smoothly.Who can participate?
Workshop is intended for Library and Information Science Professionals, Researchers and LIS students.
Registration is limited to 40 participants on first come first served basis.
Individuals : Rs 1500/-
Sponsored candidates : Rs 2500/-
Registration fees shall be paid in the form of demand draft favouring Secretary, Kerala Library Association Ernakulam Region payable at SBT Thrikkakara Kochi -22. Kindly write your name on the reverse of DD.
The participant should register online, followed by sending the filled in registration form along with the DD to the Organizing Secretary.
Download Registration formInserting of file(KOHA Workshop Registration form, KLA Ernakulam.doc) failed. Please try again.
Fee includes workshop kit, working lunch and refreshment.
Last date for registration is 04/03/2013. No spot registration will be available.
DD should be sent in the following address:
Sri. Manuel P J,
Assistant Librarian & President, KLA Ernakulam Region
School of Marine Sciences,
CUSAT, Kochi –16
Mob: 9496276307 / E-mail: email@example.com
- AccommodationAccommodation and dinner will be provided at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences on payment basis. How to reach Venue:
The Rajagiri College of Social Sciences is about 1 KM away from the South Kalamassery. bus stop along the Aluva – Ernakulam highway.
By Train: Nearest railway station is Ernakulam South / North if coming from the South Kerala and Aluva if coming from North Kerala.
For more details contact:
Dr. (Mrs.) M. D. Baby Professor and Head,School of Library and Information Science, Rajagiri College of Social Sciences Kalamassery, Kochi -683104:Phone:9995406159